Pin It

11-year-old American schoolboy charged with anti-Muslim hate crime


By mohit sexena-New York, (ANI): An 11-year-old American schoolboy, Osman Daramy, has been arrested and charged with assault as a hate crime for trying to rip the religious headscarf of a Muslim classmate in New York.

The boy, a sixth grader at Berta Dreyfus Intermediate School, has a history of harassing the girl, taunting her and threatening her on at least four separate occasions, police said.

The girl alleged that Osman and an unidentified girl tormented her for three months.

"They just attacked me. They called me terrorist. They called me Muslim. I'm afraid they might come back and beat me again," the New York Daily News quoted the girl, as saying.

"They kicked and punched me. I said, 'Leave me alone'. And he said, 'I won't.' He tried to pull off [my head] scarf, but I grabbed it and it didn't come off," she added.

Osman was charged with third-degree assault as a hate crime. Cops are looking for his accomplice.

Prosecutor Theresa Wilson described Osman as a pre-teen terror who harassed the same female Muslim classmate four separate times.

In the first attack, Osman "approached the victim and asked her if she was Muslim", Wilson said.

"She said leave me alone. The defendant then punched and kicked the victim. The defendant said she had a bruised lip and that her mouth was busted. It was not one incident. It was a continued course of behavior," she added.

Meanwhile, Osman's father Frank Davies said that he couldn't be responsible for a hate crime because he is Muslim.

"How could a Muslim have another hate crime against another Muslim? Osman is a Muslim...He's just a regular African kid. That's why they are out to get him. He's a victim," Davies said. (ANI)
...
mohitsexenapbt@gmail.com

Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

1 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older     Newer›   Newest»
बेबी गुप्ता on 17:02 said...

very good post


Confused? Feel free to ask

Your feedback is always appreciated. We will try to reply to your queries as soon as time allows.

Note:

 

Something About Author:

google_plus

Follow Us:

Comments

Recommended Post Slide Out For Blogger