Pin It

The New York Fashion Week


 punem sexena

The milieu at New York Fashion Week has lived up to all my expectations and is worth every second of the seemingly interminable wait! Such frenzy, wonderful clothes, stunning people, fantastic shows, fabulous afterparties....oh pinch me.*

The weather has also got a tad warmer allowing a lot of women around to dash those leggings and show off the result of the rigorous workout sessions. Anyway cutting short my narcissistic ramblings, let me get straight to business and discuss some of my personal highlights from the fashion week so far.

BCBG Max Azria: Simple and fresh are the two words which popped into my head on seeing the Fall 2011 collection. The colours were mostly neutral with some orange, blue and maroon thrown in. Loved the breezy, laid back silhouette.

Tadashi Shoji: The Tadashi Shoji show on the first day inspired by ancient moss gardens of the Far East was a soul treat for the dress lover in me. The dresses and gowns had exquisite floral details in delicious colours like purple and magenta.

Jason Wu: Sharp yet feminine was the hallmark of the talented Mr Wu's collection. Loved he slim coats, tuxedo jackets, high waist pants alongside the dresses. Lace was liberally and imaginatively incorporated into the looks like lace on the outside of the sleeves of the finely tailored coats and jackets.

Prabal Gurung: I was so excited with the very, very talented Mr Gurung's show and he made me very, very happy and proud. The colour palette was exciting and flirtatious with lot of reds, fuchsia pinks and soft pinks. The sleek tailoring and sexy necklines and waistlines were a celebration of the female form. Special mention of the Prabal Gurung for Nicholas Kirkwood super high heels.

Diane von Furstenberg: One of NYC's favourite designer's show had a predominant Wild West theme. The colours were strong (red, blue and gold) and there were lot of gaucho-pants, poncho jackets and knee-length boots.

*Actually don't. I am typing this from a cafe in Kolkata. But in my head I'm at the Lincoln Centre running in my favourite pair of Loubs from one show to another (and I promise that someday I will bag invites). But till then imagination (and internet) is my only defense against reality :) 

mohitsexenapbt@gmail.com



Kindly Bookmark and Share it:

0 comments:

«Oldest   ‹Older     Newer›   Newest»

Confused? Feel free to ask

Your feedback is always appreciated. We will try to reply to your queries as soon as time allows.

Note:

 

Something About Author:

google_plus

Follow Us:

Comments

Recommended Post Slide Out For Blogger